GET IN TOUCH
We pride ourselves on going above and beyond to guarantee each of our students overcomes their academic challenges and achieves their learning goals. Let us know how we can help you.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT AGES DO YOU TUTOR?
We tutor students between the ages of 5 - 15.
HOW CAN I TELL IF MY CHILD NEEDS TUTORING?
Tutoring is beneficial for students who are struggling as well as students who are seeking a challenge. Clear signs which indicate that your child needs tutoring are: low or slipping grades, poor time management, negative feelings towards school work or a change in self-confidence. On the other hand, your child may have top notch grades, yet display signs that they are bored in their classes, this could mean the content is too easy for them, in this case challenging tutoring sessions would be extremely beneficial.
HOW DO YOU ASSESS MY CHILD'S ACADEMIC NEEDS?
Firstly, we work with you during our consultation meeting to identify any areas for which you need support or would like to be challenged and explore. We may ask you to provide previous report cards or allow us to get in contact with your child's school teacher. We will run diagnostic assessments which will enable us to understand why your child may be underperforming within a class or within a specific concept. In turn, we can identify which teaching strategies will work best for your individual child to enhance their learning.
HOW LONG IS A CLASS?
In general, most classes run for 1 hour per student. However, some families who book bundles of lessons will block out chunks of time per week to work towards their academic goals.
WHAT DO YOU CHARGE PER HOUR
Every service is charged differently, depending on the requests and needs of each specific family. We are not a one size fits all service! After your consultation, if requested, we will send you a price quote for the services you are interested in. In general, by purchasing bundles of lessons you can save on the hourly rate!
WHERE DO THE LESSONS TAKE PLACE?
All of our lessons are online and take place in the comfort of your own home - or wherever you are, as long as you have strong internet connection, of course! Our classes are conducted using third party platforms such as Zoom, Google Hangouts, and The Lesson Space.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
1. First time clients book a free online consultation. Once you schedule your time with us, we get the ball rolling! We will send you a link for your consultation as well as a family information form and student interest survey. These forms are to be filled out prior to your online consultation.
2. We meet online through the link we sent you for your consultation. This is a great time for us to meet and discuss your needs and wants from our tutoring service. During this time, you can feel free to share report cards, tests, school work, or teacher contact information. During our consultation we will also introduce you to our learning platform and explain how classes will be delivered.
3. If you choose to move forward with classes after our consultation, we will provide diagnostic assessments for your child to complete before their first class. Alternatively, for a fee, you can schedule a time with us and we can run the diagnostic assessments with them online.
4. We work with you to book a class or classes that fit your schedule. Whether morning or night, we are here to help! Once we schedule your class or classes you will be sent an invoice for your services. When your invoice is paid we use the assessment information from the diagnostic to identify which topics need to be addressed in our tutoring sessions to help your child within their learning. We customise their learning plan with care and attention.
5. We meet online for the lesson. Students should come prepared with any materials requested by the tutor.
6. You will receive personal feedback based upon how your student performed within the lesson as well as next steps.
HOW DO I BOOK AN APPOINTMENT AFTER THE CONSULTATION?
You have two simple options. Simply email us at email@example.com or call us at 1-888-459-8064. We will take care of you!
HOW DO I PAY FOR SERVICES?
Upon scheduling a class with Bright Minds Learning Centre we will send you an invoice. You can pay by credit/debit, wire transfer, email money transfer, or Paypal. Paying invoices has never been easier!
WHAT IS YOUR CANCELLATION POLICY?
If you wish to cancel a tutoring session please provide 48 hours notice. We will reschedule your class or provide a refund. If you provide less than 48 hours notice no refund will be provided. If we have to cancel your class, we can reschedule your appointment or provide a full refund.
I HAVE MORE QUESTIONS, WHAT DO I DO?
We love questions! Please feel free to send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1-888-459-8064. We look forward to speaking with you.