TOPICS WE TEACH
Bright Minds Learning Centre will work with you to personalize and design unique math classes that will match your learning style and help you reach your academic goals. We cover a wide range of math topics for students in both elementary and middle school. Review them below.
Numbers & Operations
- Extend the counting sequence
- Develop and deepen place value understanding
- Solve questions using the four operations
- Conduct multi-digit arithmetic
- Work with and understand both whole & decimal numbers
- Shapes and their attributes
- Draw and identify lines and angles and classify shapes
- Graph points on the coordinate plane to solve
- Classify two-dimensional figures into categories
- Calculate area, surface area, and volume.
- Draw, construct and describe geometrical figures
Ratio & Proportion
- Understand ratio concepts and use ratio reasoning to solve problems
- Analyze proportional relationships and use them to solve real-world problems
Numbers & Operations
- Understand fractions as numbers & decimals
- Unit fractions
- Fraction equivalence
- Ordering and comparing
- Four operations with fractions
- Mixed numbers & Improper fractions
- Deepen understanding of the four operations and their inverse operations
- Solve problems using the four operations as well as identify and explain patterns
- Factors & multiples
- Analyse sequence, patterns, and relationships
- Write and interpret numerical expressions
The Number System
- Apply and extend previous understandings of multiplication and division to divide fractions by fractions.
- Compute fluently with multi-digit numbers and find common factors and multiples.
- Work with the four operations and the system of rational and irrational numbers
- Measure, estimate, and convert
- Tell and write time as well as calculate elapsed time
- Represent and interpret data
- Develop an understanding of money
- Calculate area & perimeter
- Identify Angles
Statistics & Probability
- Develop understanding of statistical variability
- Summarise and describe distributions
- Use random sampling to draw inferences
- Draw informal comparative inferences about two populations
- Investigate change processes and develop, use, and evaluate probability models
Expressions & Equations
- Reason about and solve one-variable equations and inequalities.
- Represent and analyze quantitative relationships
- Generate equivalent expressions.
- Work with radicals and integer exponents.
- Understand the connections between proportional relationships, lines, and linear equations.
- Analyze and solve linear equations and pairs of simultaneous linear equations.
Do you have questions about a specific math topic, we would love to hear from you to see if we can help!